https://thewoolpalace.typepad.com > Completed 2005

« Back to Completed 2005

Viennese Shrug

Viennese Shrug

From Interweave Knits Summer 2005.

Yarn: Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool. I used less than 5 skeins.

Needles: 4.5mm rosewood circulars for the body, 4mm and 3mm bamboo dpns for the sleeves.

Started: 10th May 2005

Finished: 8th July 2005

Very nice pattern. I don't know why I didn't finish it sooner. The second half took less than a week to knit, so I must have been doing some fairly heavy duty procrastinating.

I knitted the pattern as written, with the exception of the cuffs, where I used 3mm dpns rather than 3.5mm as specified. To compensate for the smaller size, I did the ribbing over 60 stitches rather than 48.

If I did it again I would add an extra 5cm to the sleeves. Make sure you put an indicator in to show which is the right way up. Off the body, it looks the same both ways, but it's not.

Permalink