Time is flying by these days. Changes are afoot at work and we've just thrown a house move into the mix, so it's a bit busy round here.
Last weekend I had the house to myself. I should probably have been clearing out cupboards but I decided to do a bit of sewing.
A good while back I made lots of little Liberty and Oakshott improv blocks. I kept going until I ran out of Liberty and then I interspersed them with solid blocks of Oakshott. Then I folded it up and put it away for 6 months.
I knew I wanted to put a border on it. My first thought was some Moda Crossweave in Natural.
But it looked a little flat to me. So I thought I'd use the Crossweave for an outer mitred border and put a narrow inner border in with some cornerstones.
I auditioned various fabrics but settled on this little black and white dot. You can't see the cornerstones there, but they were just some little 2.5in squares of an black and white Lecien stripe that I had in my scrap bin.
I would show you a photo of the whole thing but by the time I was done it was quite windy outside and I was on my own, so you'll have to settle for a shot of it on the ironing board.