So, December went by in a flash and now we're a week into January. Happy New Year!
I did manage to sneak in a finish amongst all the madness of exchange students and preparing for Christmas.
Sam's quilt is finally done! I blogged most of the details here when I finished the top. I backed it with some Kona in the same dark blue as the front - Windsor I think it is, plus a bit of light blue that I had lying around.
Binding is a Kei Honeycomb dot that I had originally earmarked for the back but changed my mind. For the quilting I outlined each block with double lines and then just did random groups of straight lines vertically across the quilt. Goal for 2013 - stop chickening out and using straight lines on all my quilts.
Now that it's been given to Sam, this is how it looks most of the time,
Accessorised with dirty clothes, muddy bag and random and unexplained bit of masking tape. Ah, teenage boys' bedrooms.
Now term has started again I'm about to be swallowed up by work. Tune in next time for a round up of my Christmas sewing (almost none - it will be a short round up) and some goals for 2013.