I've been doing plenty of sewing in the last week. Between the sewing and work, there hasn't been much time to blog!
I finished the quilt for my sister.
I dragged Sam out of his pit bedroom to help with the photos as 6ft 2in teenage boys make good quilt holders. I was given strict instructions not to show his face - a little bit of his hair sneaked into one photo, but I think he can cope with that.
I followed the method for the Beach Glass quilt from Quilts Made Modern. The background is Essex Linen in Flax and the strips are in a mix of Kona colours and Metro Living Circles.
I used some of my left overs to make a pieced backing.
I quilted it with straight(ish) lines and then threw in a few horizontal ones to add a bit of interest. It was my first time quilting with Aurifil and I have to say I loved it. I used 50wt on this one as I wanted to keep the quilting light, but I'm curious to try the 40wt as well.
It's bound with a Kei honeycomb dot in red, which makes it look nice and cheerful I think.
I was really pleased to get this done and I'm happy with how it turned out. All it needs now is a baby!